We’re looking for an experienced individual to drive our online and offline community engagement, promoting the Raygun brand far and wide to our tech savvy audience.
Do you want to increase your levels of ownership and responsibility? And want to do so in a globally focused company in a multi billion dollar industry? This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The ideal candidate has experience building communities around products and / or brands in the software development industry. You’ll have proven results using social media to connect with your audience, alongside being a highly organised individual. You will be capable of running admin and logistics for all Raygun community events and sponsorships. You’ll need to have an interest in technology at the very least, but your ability to connect with a technical audience is the key requirement here.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for improving the engagement between potential customers and the Raygun brand. This covers both social media marketing and physical face to face events. You’ll work with existing sponsorship partners and actively find new ones, managing a dedicated budget. You’ll craft engaging social media posts and run our non-paid activity on social channels, driving up engagement and follower counts on all networks.
This is an exciting and varied role, requiring you to be thinking about how customers view our brand and maintain consistency in key messaging.
The kinds of things you’ll be doing and responsible for…
- Owning the events and sponsorship budget
- Finding new sponsorship opportunities that get our brand noticed by our ideal customer audience
- Organising logistics and attending industry events whilst obsessing over the fine details to ensure they are successful
- Manage the social media queue of content postings and optimise delivery times and messaging for maximum engagement
- Responding to inbound social media activity and actioning
- Organise, maintain and distribute branded merchandise and promotional items to customers and partners worldwide
- Build our community strategy from the ground up
- Strong writing skills - An out of place apostrophe or comma irritates you
- 3+ years of experience managing social media accounts and/or a similar marketing focused role
- An interest in tech / software development - Highly valued if you have prior knowledge of marketing to a technical audience
- Experience with events, sponsorships and marketing activities
- You are a people person, would regard yourself as a extrovert and enjoy meeting people face to face
- You are highly organised and process driven
- Analytical skills will be highly valued
- Comfortable, bright, modern office space in the Wellington CBD
- Flexible paid time off, sick days and work schedule (with the ability to work from home occasionally) as needed
- Annual, personal development budget. Learn a new skill or increase your knowledge in an area of interest
- Work closely with a team of genuinely nice people who will support you
- Become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes
- Your choice of setup. Mac or PC, standing or seated desk, the decision is yours
- Up-skill and learn new things from other team members and share your own knowledge
- Free selection of healthy snacks & weekly Friday lunches