VP of Growth
Reports to CEO
Raygun is an award winning growing business Headquartered in Wellington, New Zealand. Their services help customers dramatically improve the quality of their software with real time feedback on customer experience, software bugs and application monitoring.
Raygun’s products are already trusted by some of the biggest global businesses. The markets sold into are already significant, with more than $7 billion a year spend on Application Performance Monitoring (and the market is growing at 12% per annum). Our goal is to be a dominant player in the markets in which we operate, while also expanding the overall market.
With the products in place, and plenty of satisfied customers, Raygun is scaling up. One of our key role additions in 2019 will be the VP of Growth - owning all revenue generating capabilities of the business, with a goal of 100% annual growth in recurring revenues. You will be a critical member of the Raygun Leadership Team.
Raygun is unique in that we balance high growth with building a sustainable business. While we may raise capital to accelerate capturing opportunity, we are not tied into the VC business growth model of 18 month funding cycles and high burn rates. We do however, want to accelerate our growth and have the capital to do so today.
Today, Raygun has an effective marketing team and early stage customer success and business development teams. The leaders of these teams will report to you, with any additional teams necessary to achieve growth also being built as your part of the organisation and you will lead the charge with who you bring on in any new roles. You will recommend resourcing and organisational structure changes in service of growth.
You are responsible for Raygun’s revenue growth. Your direct reports will be the leaders of the various growth teams. These teams today are Marketing, Customer Success and Business Development however you will be expected to build any additional teams that aid in growing Raygun’s revenue.
Your core KPI will be targeting an annual recurring revenue growth rate of 100%.
- Attract talent across growth teams at Raygun (e.g. Marketing, Customer Success and Business Development).
- Continue to develop a culture of integrity based high growth - don’t drive short term growth that will churn due to selling customers what they don’t need/want.
- As a manager of managers, you will help grow team members skills as managers to help their own teams succeed more.
- Develop and mature the growth processes (e.g. how renewals are handled, contract processes, CRM usage, etc) at Raygun.
- Identify and improve reporting on key metrics and KPIs.
- Manage your budget for growth functions at Raygun.
- Have experience with tools like Salesforce, marketing automation and other tools of the trade.
- Extremely good understanding of SaaS metrics, and how they interact and relate to one another. You will be writing the growth related sections of board papers, investor updates and communicating to the wider team how to strategically think about these metrics to drive business growth.
- Extremely good understanding of the growth functions and levers that underpin a high growth business.
- Work closely with Raygun’s VP of Product to help understand revenue impact and how that feeds into prioritisation.
- Own product pricing and strategy.
- Work with the Leadership Team on pricing and identifying opportunities for pricing changes to accelerate growth.
- Understand and segment the current markets in which Raygun sells into (product based, geographic, company size, etc).
- Eager to understand where our market learns from, the events they attend and help support your teams in building market awareness.
- Beating goals is a strong motivational driver for you
- High attention to detail and self organisation
- Growth mindset, thinking beyond just traditional growth models
- Strong leadership skills with significant prior leadership experience and practice values-driven leadership
- You’re results focused with a strong focus on data driven decision making
- Good sense of humor, with positive attitude
- Efficiency & optimisation excite you
- You will work closely with a team of genuinely nice people who will support you
- Become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes
- Up-skill and learn new things from other team members and share your own knowledge
- Preference for working in the office, but flexibility about working from home as needed
- Travel opportunities