Technical Product Marketer
We’re looking for a seasoned product marketer who is passionate about communicating and delivering the value of our product innovation to the market. You will drive product positioning and messaging for Raygun products, working alongside the rest of the marketing team and reporting to the Director of Marketing. This is a rare opportunity to create your own destiny, on a global stage, in the billion dollar developer tools market. It doesn’t get much bigger than this.
You will implement, refine and drive the go-to-market strategy and execution for product launches and updates. Creating content and programs that arm marketing, enable and accelerate sales, and drive category leadership. We are looking for someone with superior content writing skills and proven B2B product marketing experience who thrives in a fast-paced high-growth culture.
The ideal candidate has experience software development world. They have worked in and around marketing a SaaS product aimed at software developers. You'd define yourself as a marketer by trade but dabble in the software engineering or product worlds too. What you lack in technical skills you more than make up for in your thirst for learning and relentless can do attitude.
The kinds of things you’ll be doing and responsible for…
- Develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our core audiences: developers, IT Operations, and application owners, with an eye toward decision-makers including Product Managers and CTOs
- Enable the sales teams by developing collateral and training materials that bring the product positioning to life with compelling narratives that are grounded in customer stories
- Partner with your marketing colleagues and design to create engaging content such as datasheets, eBooks, white papers, presentations, and webinars
- Perform market and competitive research and analysis, and develop strategies that bolster Raygun’s position in the market
- Drive GTM strategy for the product(s) your marketing, and plan & execute launches in partnership with the rest of the team
- Increase product usage and adoption among your key user bases, in close partnership with our customer success team
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and design to harness customer insights that define the product roadmap
- Be a strong thought leader for your product, and the overall platform, both internally and externally, through events, industry conferences and meetup groups
WHO ARE WE?
Raygun provides software developers a real-time view of errors and crashes and performance problems that are happening in their applications, along with all the information they’ll need to fix issues fast. Raygun is a rapidly growing software product and winners of the “Hi-Tech Startup Company of the Year” at the annual 2015 NZ Hi-Tech Awards.
Our products are used by some of the world’s leading brands including Coca-Cola, Nordstrom, Domino's Pizza and Microsoft. We’re on the fast track as a growing tech startup with thousands of global customers and outstanding opportunities.
We’re a close knit team pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the world of marketing and software. Building a high class product and telling the world about it sure isn’t easy, but you’ll be able to make a big impact with positive results, be an important part of an extremely creative team and have a lot of fun while you're doing it.
We enjoy regular team lunches and let you have flexibility on how you want to work. We work hard and strive to deliver great results on a global scale which our customers appreciate. Are you ready to join this exciting journey with us?
- 3+ years previous experience marketing or developing a technical SaaS product
- An interest and previous experience with programming
- An understanding of the technical / developer audience
- Experience conducting product launches / digital campaigns
- Experience with analytics tools (Google Analytics, Heap, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics etc)
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to manage budgets and campaign spend
- Strong spreadsheet and data analysis skills
BONUS SKILLS (BUT SECONDARY TO THE ABOVE)
- Experience writing and shipping code
- SEO / SEM experience
- Technical writing portfolio
- Experience with A/B testing tools
- Experience with tech media press
- Other skills within the realm of online marketing
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to the team
- Adaptable, you can handle the roller coaster nature of a high growth, profitable, startup
- Have a good sense of humor
- Display a positive attitude, especially when under pressure
- You are a go-getter and a self-starter, with a can do, get it done attitude
- You strive for efficiency
- Directly influence growth and clearly see your impact.
- Work closely with a team of genuinely nice people who will support you.
- Become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Potential for equity as a part of your compensation package in a fast growing business.
- Preference for working in the office, but flexibility about working from home as needed.
- Your choice of set up. Mac or PC, the decision is yours.
- Up-skill and learn new things from other team members and share your own knowledge.
- Competitive salary.