Senior Software Engineer
Who are you?
You love coding to the brink of obsession! The code you write is clear, easy to maintain and unit test. You care about the user and you get a kick out of building features that they love using. You excel in a collaborative and agile environment where we deploy continuously, measure everything and take responsibility to diagnose and fix what breaks.
Does this sound like you? Then read on.
Who are we?
Raygun is experiencing rapid growth and is expanding its engineering team in Wellington. It currently has 2,000 customers in 100 countries and is used by 40,000 developers globally at companies like Autodesk, Box, Coca-Cola, Microsoft and Nordstrom.
In today’s cloud and mobile business environment, every company is a software company. New applications and continuous code deployments are creating unique issues, including 71% of users abandoning applications after one error and 40% abandoning websites that take more than three seconds to load.
Raygun’s cloud-based platform and tools enable software development organisations and teams to deliver exceptional value to businesses, and exceptional experiences to customers. Raygun helps developers stay in front of application development and performance issues before they impact on end users.
At Raygun we go the extra mile with our customers. We assume nothing and measure everything. Our team pushes the boundaries and does awesome things every day, ensuring respect for the team along the way. After all, there is not time for bullshit when you're building an empire.
This could be you...
You will be involved in the day-to-day development of the Raygun product suite, working mostly in the back-end code. You will be working largely with a C# code base but because we build developer tools that support all languages, knowledge of other languages is highly advantageous.
Our team is data driven and very collaborative; this means you will need to write clean and scalable code and work collaboratively with everyone to get the features deployed. We are a very supportive team and you’ll be given opportunities to learn and excel, but also be prepared to be challenged by designers and developers who care deeply about the Raygun products.
A good candidate for this position:
- Has a solid background and commercial experience in the Microsoft stack.
- Knows how to build great web applications.
- Writes maintainable, testable and clear code, and dives in to make existing code even better.
- Has good communication skills and is self-motivated.
A great candidate for this position:
- Can solve a problem in a number of programming languages.
- Keeps up with new technologies, trying many of them out by building apps and coding, just for fun.
- Stays up at night devouring the latest blog posts, articles and tutorials, and brings the team up to speed the next day.
- You’ll work closely with a team of genuinely nice people, who will support you.
- You’ll get to up-skill and learn new things from other team members, and share your knowledge.
- There’s a great team culture. We’d love you to join us for ‘Beers-and-ideas’, indoor football, hack days and board gaming. There are free team lunches on Fridays and a range of healthy snacks. There are company-wide quarterly themes (Operation Black Hole, Starship Enterprise), with celebratory dinners/events out as a team.
- You’ll have flexibility about working from home, if you need to.
- You can choose your set up: Mac or PC, the decision is yours.
- You’ll get a competitive salary.
The opportunity to join a fast-growing, fast-moving company where you have a direct impact is here – are you up for the challenge?
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you really want to know what tools and technologies we use, then here’s a great, big list for you: