Business Development Manager
At Raygun we give companies the confidence that users experience software the way it is intended.
How you’ll contribute to making Raygun awesome:
As the Business Development Manager for Raygun, you’ll support and nurture inbound leads and assist with identifying new opportunities to grow Raygun. If you enjoy talking to potential customers, have a passion for technology and helping organisations to bridge the gap between code and customer you will be well suited to this role. You will also have the opportunity to represent Raygun at events and international conferences.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will have the ability to shape the role within this growing team. We are looking for someone who is a team player, creative and good at thinking outside the box to grow our customer base. In this fast growing company, the potential and the opportunity to learn and develop is limitless.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Triaging and prioritising inbound prospects - help to profile/tease out the most valuable customers and understand their pain points and use case.
- Providing technical demonstrations/sales calls and being the first port of call for sales enquiries
- Monitoring prospects who have activated trials and encourage them to move through the sales pipeline
- Producing qualitative and quantitative analysis of performance and aggregate feedback that will help to inform our product roadmap.
- Working cross-functionally with Raygun Product, Marketing, Customer Success and Operations teams
- Nurturing and closing opportunities
- Contributing towards producing clear and consistent sales forecasting
- Assist with maintaining customer records
- Representing Raygun at events and conferences
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Ability to articulate/demonstrate a technical product to a prospective customer
- Analytical and able to assist with forecasting and data analysis
- Previous experience using and maintaining a CRM such as Salesforce is desirable but not essential
- Flexible, adaptable and able to use own initiative
- Organised and self-motivated
- You’ll work closely with a team of genuinely nice people, who will support you.
- You’ll get to up-skill and learn new things from other team members, and share your knowledge.
- Ability to influence growth and clearly see your impact.
- Become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Up-skill and learn new things from other team members and share your own knowledge.
- Competitive salary.