Raygun has always been a business that deals with data to make decisions, but we’ve outgrown our approach. We are establishing a new analytics team, reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer, to take our internal analytics and reporting to the next level.
You’ll be in the Operations team to help ensure that analytics span the entire business - marketing, product, finance & saas metrics. Connecting the dots between all aspects of our operations and helping us double down on one of our core values: Assume nothing, measure everything!
Our intention is to start with a team of two: an Analytics Manager (you!) and a Data Engineer. You will have the opportunity to help define how Business Intelligence is built out at Raygun - in helping build out the team, educating the wider team and how data is presented back to the wider business. You’ll be excited at the opportunity to help dramatically impact the business by being one of the first to focus entirely on finding meaning in our internal data.
You’ll have strong business skills, understanding what impacts our customers, drives growth and affects the various metrics that we drive the business with. You’ll be the bridge between the SQL/Statistics level work and the business users. You’ll have a strong understanding of statistics and help ensure that our numbers are as meaningful as possible (the use of averages should make you cringe!).
While not part of this role, Raygun processes huge volumes of data for customers (100m+ data points per hour). We would love a team member who runs Analytics to be able to give insight and suggestions on how value could be created for our customers from that data stream.
Build the Raygun Analytics practice
- Define the processes that the business will use to engage with the Analytics team
- Establish practices for balancing stakeholder demands
- Champion a data-centric mindset across all teams at Raygun, helping build self-service analytics
- Work with the COO to deliver value across various stakeholders across the business, helping prioritise projects based on the best ROI
- Help shield the data engineer from being bombarded with questions from the wider team
- Providing direction on predictive and prescriptive analytics projects
- Mentoring and providing continuous education opportunities for the team to stay on top of their roles
- Presenting interesting findings at team meetings
Define the analytics stack
- Evolve and improve the analytics stack that’s used at Raygun
- Help in training the wider team to access and perform ad-hoc analysis of data
- Manage the data warehousing and ETL solutions
Bonus Requirements (nice to have):
- Knowledge or experience with different BI tools
- Understanding of programming languages such as Python, R, etc.
- Understanding of machine learning
- Strong natural curiosity and ability to intuit where to hunt through data to find value
- You get a genuine kick out of discovering something interesting - especially if it’s counter intuitive!
- Display a positive attitude under pressure
- You are a go-getter and a self-starter, with a can do, get it done attitude -- especially necessary in building out a new business function.
- You strive for efficiency
- High attention to detail
- Have a good sense of humour
- Understand that outputs are what move the needle
- Work closely with a team of genuinely nice people who will support you.
- Become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Your choice of setup. Mac or PC, standing or seated desk, the decision is yours.
- Up-skill and learn new things from other team members and share your own knowledge.
- Free selection of healthy snacks & weekly Friday lunches.
- Personal development budget available for use each year.